Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
moravan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Building a real-time website based on Power BI visuals

Hi all,

I have a rather conceptual question about the possibility to embed an interactive Power BI visual on a website. My goal is to use the API of an online database/website with stock info (just a large table with real-time prices), build visualizations in Power BI and embed those visualizations in my website. I haven't seen it done before, so I'm in doubt if it's possible at all.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

R.

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Building a real-time website based on Power BI visuals

Hi @moravan,

With Power BI real-time streaming, you can stream data and update dashboards in real-time. However, based on my research, it seems that streaming datasets is not supported within Power BI Embedded currently. Smiley Happy

Reference:

Streaming Dataset in Power BI

Similar thread

Idea of allowing streaming datasets in Power BI Embedded

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 2,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: