cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jppp
Advisor

Re: Box and Whisker Plot

Hi @leocreyes,

In the screenshot I do not see a 'Sampling' field that is used by the visual to split up the different values of the catagories. And based on the different values the box and whisker are calculated and drawn.

In your case the dataset only consist of 1 row per category with all the same values for hte mean, median, min and max. And that results in the chart you have now.

-JP

leocreyes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @jppp,

Thanks a lot for your quick response, your answer was what it needed to make it work.

I would also like to know if there is any way to remove the black dots and lines of the center of the graphs.

Capture2.JPG

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

@jppp 

Also, I will like to add that I've encountered a problem, every time I change the page the graphic stop showing the information and i have to create it again

This is what it shows after creating a new page.

capture 3.JPG

Highlighted
jppp
Advisor

Hi @leocreyes ,

Is it possible to share the PBIX file with me to see what is happening?

And if it is working you can hide the mean and median (dot and line) via the Shapes option in the formatting pane.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Frequent Visitor

Thank you @jppp 

The issue with the disappearing graphic stopped after I updated to the latest version of power bi, on the other hand, mean and median doesn't seem to change with the shapes format

Capture 4.JPG

Frequent Visitor

Hello @jppp 

Mean and median are still not changing, could you confirm if it's me or the chart?

Adding to the latest post, 

I'm having an inconsistent result with the average value, as you can see in the attached photo, the correct average is 241,26 for cemex but in the chart shows 619, 21.

Do you know what I should do to solve this?

Screenshot (28).png

Thanks

jppp
Advisor

Hi @leocreyes,

It could be that the average is different due the fact that '0' can be treated differently.

But to be sure that this is the case and not an issue with the visual: is it possible to share the pbix file?

Thanks