Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dodzik
Frequent Visitor

Blank page when sharing dashboard from link

Hello, I am trying to show live data on dashboard for one of our customers and I am having problem with dashboard page being empty each time I try anything other than previously. I already tried different dashboards with different datasources (SQL, SSAS, Excel, Streaming) on two different Power BI accounts in separate organisations and each time I see blank page. 

I tried two different approaches, and each of them was focused on example apps that you can find in Micrososft's official Github repository (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples).

I tried registering app through dev.powerbi.com/apps where I got Client ID and Client Secret which I used in the integrate-dashboard-web-app. I ran this app, logged in, could see list of dashboards that I had access to, and after using one of the links that were shown I just seen nothing than a blank page. result

I also tried to follow guide that's on MSDN (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-your-organization) and result was basically the same. 

Any idea what I could've done wrong? 

What I want to achieve is to allow our customer to show his live data with link and without necessary to log in to PBI account. Maybe there's better approach to do that?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dodzik,

Since you can get the list of Dashboards, you almost did it right. 

1. Did you try another browser?

2. Did you try to clear the caches?

3. We only to update the ClientID and ClientSecret to use that demo. Did you change other parts?

The following could be the points to solve this issue.

4. Since you have more than one organization, please be sure you didn't mix them up.

5. Did you grant the application proper permissions? You can do it in the Azure portal.

6. The most important thing is it should be AppOwnsData in your scenario. Because you don't want the end users to log in with Power BI accounts.  

Blank-page-when-sharing-dashboard-from-link

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dodzik,

Since you can get the list of Dashboards, you almost did it right. 

1. Did you try another browser?

2. Did you try to clear the caches?

3. We only to update the ClientID and ClientSecret to use that demo. Did you change other parts?

The following could be the points to solve this issue.

4. Since you have more than one organization, please be sure you didn't mix them up.

5. Did you grant the application proper permissions? You can do it in the Azure portal.

6. The most important thing is it should be AppOwnsData in your scenario. Because you don't want the end users to log in with Power BI accounts.  

Blank-page-when-sharing-dashboard-from-link

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay, so actually it was the browser which failed in this case. I use lastest version of Google Chrome and been doing this in incognito mode in order to avoid cache problems.

I am also aware that we need to use AppOwnsData, but UserOwnsData was faster for me to create it just for now. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.