Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bing Maps API - Merge Query

I have two tables in my powerbi desktop application.

Table 1:

200K rows with duplicate address values since customers at the same address have multiple accounts. 

Table 2:

Copy of Table 1. All columns except address have been removed. Duplicates of address were then removed. 30K rows of unique addresses remain. 

I have sucessfully connected to Bing Maps API and imported the Long/Lat for each unique address in Table 2. Now that i have the long/lat for all 30K rows in Table 2, I want to merge Table 2 with Table 1 on the address field to bring in the Long/Lat for each row in Table 1. 

Issue is, when appling this merge, the query applier starts merging the tables BUT also is looking up each row with Bing Maps for a second time!!! 

Anyone know how to add a step (in my case merge tables) with Bing Maps data in a table with out it querying the data with Bing Maps every time a new step is added? 

Thanks ! 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors