Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tairo
Helper I
Helper I

Billing power bi embedded

I am not completely sure how the costs for power bi embedded works.

I have read that you get billed by the hour. For exmaple a Power bi embedded A1 tier costs about $ 1,008 an hour.  So when power bi is used for 2 hours in a month I get billed for $ 2,016.

What I don't is how the hours are being determined. When my app + power bi embedded is in that month 24/7 available, but is only used for 2 hours, do I get billed for the 2 hours and have to pay $ 2,016. Or do I get billed for the whole month and have to pay $ 750,00?

Can anybody clarify this for me?

Kind regards,

Arno

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Tairo,

Power BI Embedded is an application located on Azure platform, so you pay when it is running. It has start and pause buttons on the portal to manage time and reduce the cost.

In your case, if your PBI Embedded instance is turned on 24/7 during month, then you pay for a full month.

Regards,

Ruslan

View solution in original post

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks for the response. I is now clear to.

It boils down to that you pay for availabilty and not for usage.

Thanks,

Tairo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Tairo,

Power BI Embedded is an application located on Azure platform, so you pay when it is running. It has start and pause buttons on the portal to manage time and reduce the cost.

In your case, if your PBI Embedded instance is turned on 24/7 during month, then you pay for a full month.

Regards,

Ruslan

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks for the response. I is now clear to.

It boils down to that you pay for availabilty and not for usage.

Thanks,

Tairo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.