Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

worcesterred
Frequent Visitor

Azure automation - cmdlet: Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmbeddedCapacity

Hi all,

Trying to automate the pause/resume process in Azure using Automation accounts and Runbooks.

I thought I'd found a neat solution with a cmdlet Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmbeddedCapacity

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azurerm.powerbiembedded/Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmb...

However, it doesnt seem compatible with Azure runbooks:

Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmbeddedCapacity : The term 'Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmbeddedCapacity' is not recognized as the 
name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was 
included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Anyone have success with this or using a powershell script? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checkout the Modules section of your Automation Account and make sure that AzureRM.PowerBIEmbedded is present

worcesterred
Frequent Visitor

Making a little progress - new to Azure automation

Need to add AzureRM.PowerBIEmbedded module to the Automation account.

This can be obtained from here: https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/AzureRM.PowerBIEmbedded/4.1.3

I still have an error, 

Suspend-AzureRmPowerBIEmbeddedCapacity : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyone had this?

Hi

Has anyone successfully suspend the service programatically?

Ive changed tact and trying a local POST to the Azure service, but running into 403 errors

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.