Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qa4432
Frequent Visitor

Azure Data Catalog and Dax Measures

Folks,

I have seen a few great videos and documents on Azure Data Catalog to manage metadata ad insight into data availability for data sources.  What I did not see is how Azure Data Catalog would support measures that are created withing Power BI and become additional data elements to a table that has been brought into Power BI for report creation purposes.  

How can Azure Data Catalog support table measures created using DAX within Power BI desktop and then pushed out to users?  

Thanks in advance!!!

Diana

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@qa4432 wrote:

Folks,

I have seen a few great videos and documents on Azure Data Catalog to manage metadata ad insight into data availability for data sources.  What I did not see is how Azure Data Catalog would support measures that are created withing Power BI and become additional data elements to a table that has been brought into Power BI for report creation purposes.  

How can Azure Data Catalog support table measures created using DAX within Power BI desktop and then pushed out to users?  

Thanks in advance!!!

Diana

@qa4432

Could you share any video that help me better understand Azure Data Catalog? When saying "Azure Data Catalog support table measures created using DAX within Power BI desktop", do you mean that Azure Data Catalog has already supported table metadata in Power BI already? As I searched in Power BI Ideas and found Data Catalog integration in PowerBI Designer seems not yet implemented.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.