Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukas1
Frequent Visitor

Automatic refreshes for Power BI dashboard in Sharepoint

Hello everybody,

I have a dashboard in Power BI service right now, which gets updated automatically. 

Now I want to show the Dashboard internally on our company's sharpoint site. As far as I have read this is possible.

Before I start and try to deploy my dashboard on the sharepoint site, I wanted to ask if it is possible that the dashboard on the Sharepoint site gets also refreshed automatically in short intervalls (maximum 1-3 hours)? (Unfortunately this is a must)

Thank you all in advance.

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Only a public link will be automatic refreshed, but you need a gateway and schedule the refresh in power bi web service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HAve you shared the entire pbi file or a public link?

@rafaelmpsantos

Thank you for your answer. 

I haven't shared anything yet. I wanted to make sure automatic refreshes will be possible, before I share it.

Which of the two options (pbi file or public link) would be the better way to achieve this?  

Only a public link will be automatic refreshed, but you need a gateway and schedule the refresh in power bi web service.

Thank you, okay the I will try it with the public link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.