Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eashaik

Automatic Page to Page Navigation in a single report

Hello All,

I am a newbie in using the Power BI. Earlier I used to be a Tableau developer but I have to move on now with Power BI. The issue here is I am trying to implement automatic page to page navigation. I tried the Drill THrough but my end user is not interested in right clicking on a report and wondering which page to go. All they need is to happen in a single click.

Earlier I developed a Tableau report where I show them a US map and when I click on a State it takes us to or in Power BI terms it drills down to City level for a particular selected State in the same page. Now when I select a City it takes us to a different page automatically with just a click where I show the statistics (Number of Jobs placed and not placed, People placed and not placed in different sectors of industries) of the city level data.

But in Power BI I tried to implement using the Drill Through functionality. Is there any functionality in Power BI where I can replicate the Tableau functionality like the filtered data page navigation happens with a single click? 

Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ejaaz Ahamed Shaik.

2 REPLIES 2
TedPattison
Employee
Employee

As you have seen, clicking on a specific data area in a visual (e.g. sate or city in a map) will allow you to either highlight or filter the data shown on that page but there is Power BI no support in Power BI to translate that click into a nvaigation action.

The way to add easy and intutive page navigation in a Power BI report is to create bookmakrs and then add button which allows a user to click the button to apply the bookmark.

You could layer button with bookmarks on top of a map to achive the effect you want, but it doesn't seem like an elegant solution. My guess is that you would have th develop a custom Power BI visual to scheive this effect. However, this seems like it is way more invovled than what you are looking for.

My recomendation would be to go back to a design with drillthrogh pages which means you need to spend more time educating users and convining them that right-clicking a state and selecting a drill through page willl give them what they want. 

Hello Ted,

Thank you for your reply. 

Regarding the bookmark, I don't think we can pass filters (pre selected values such as State and City) in a bookmark. If we can pass then can you please let me know how to do it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.