Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JohannNielsen
Frequent Visitor

Attribute Slicer unable to load

HI,

I have made reports with the custom visual; Attribute Slicer - These previously worked fine they were sorted by value, now it seems they are unable to load.

I have tried reinstalling them but no luck.

I tried to replicate them from scratch and noticed that I was unable to alter or apply value to them.

Any thoughts on this?

34 REPLIES 34
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @JohannNielsen

Have you tried to specify sort direction explicitly by clicking "..." in the top right corner of Attribute Slicer?image.png

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I have just experienced that if I was to create a new attribute slicer it would work without values - but as soon as I try to apply values all the options for the slicer locks up and the valuebar is not apparent either.

Are you able to share your pbix sample report in order to reproduce this issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Data is imported from SQL Cube - Have you by any chance made changes lately to this?

As far as I know, we didn't publish the new version of Attribute Slicer during last months.

Are you able to reproduce the same issue using this sample report?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

I imported the file and tried to reproduce the issue but it seems to work just fine, similar to the experience I had with data from an excel sheet - since my issue occurs with a gateway connection I guess thats where to look.

Thank you for the details.

This issue will be reported to author.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

I just discovered the issue - A colleague of mine had an older version of the Power BI Desktop and made it work with the exact same set as mine. In other words there must be an issue with the Attribute Slicer related to the most recent update.

What version of Power BI Desktop do you and your colleague use?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Currently we are using this version which produce the error   Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (oktober 2017) 

Could you please prepare a sample report that allows to reproduce this issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

This is probably an issue regarding the size of data used - Do you know if there is a limit to that when using this slicer?

It's sensitive so I can't sorry. but I have now made it work with static data from an excel sheet - Which leads me to believe that maybe its a change in server structure/setup that is causing it.

Hello Ignat,

Yes I have tried that aswell - no effect it seems 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.