cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesleyrbk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

App vs User Owns Data

So I know the biggest difference between the two is that with User Owns Data (UOD) the user needs to log-in to their Power BI account and then they can only see the reports that they made or the ones that are shared with them. But are there any differences functionalty wise? And with UOD you don't have to use a embedToken so would I still need to order capacity while using UOD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: App vs User Owns Data

@wesleyrbk wrote:

So I know the biggest difference between the two is that with User Owns Data (UOD) the user needs to log-in to their Power BI account and then they can only see the reports that they made or the ones that are shared with them. But are there any differences functionalty wise? And with UOD you don't have to use a embedToken so would I still need to order capacity while using UOD?

@wesleyrbk

The main difference is

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@wesleyrbk wrote:

@wesleyrbk

The main difference is

View solution in original post

wesleyrbk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply @Eric_Zhang!

Power BI Premium is a required for UOD? You can make use of the shared capacity, right?

Highlighted
u02cm62
Advisor

I too would also like to know this for UserOwnsData side. I understand the licensing and usage of AppOwnsData well, just not used UOD.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 159 members 2,048 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: