Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

App vs User Owns Data

So I know the biggest difference between the two is that with User Owns Data (UOD) the user needs to log-in to their Power BI account and then they can only see the reports that they made or the ones that are shared with them. But are there any differences functionalty wise? And with UOD you don't have to use a embedToken so would I still need to order capacity while using UOD?

Accepted Solutions

Re: App vs User Owns Data

@wesleyrbk wrote:

So I know the biggest difference between the two is that with User Owns Data (UOD) the user needs to log-in to their Power BI account and then they can only see the reports that they made or the ones that are shared with them. But are there any differences functionalty wise? And with UOD you don't have to use a embedToken so would I still need to order capacity while using UOD?

@wesleyrbk

The main difference is

View solution in original post

All Replies

@wesleyrbk wrote:

@wesleyrbk

The main difference is

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply @Eric_Zhang!

Power BI Premium is a required for UOD? You can make use of the shared capacity, right?