Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

App Workspace

Hi,

I have one report published in app workspace and suddenly users not able to see the data after republishing the report... It's showing an error like couldn't load the data for this visual..

But when I change the user permission from app level to workspace level memeber permission then able to see the data but not able to see the data with app level permission.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I know your problem now is that you share your report by adding end user in App. However after you republish your report they could only see broken visual . And they could see data after you give them workspace member permission. Could they see all data after you add them as members in your workspace?

If they could, maybe you have configured RLS in your Power BI report. In addition to lbendlin's reply, I think you didn't add them in roles in Security in Power BI Service. So they could see nothing due to RLS. If you give them member permission in new workspace, they will have edit permission, so RLS doesn't work. If in classic workspace, you may give member permission(edit). You can have a test to give them viewer permission in workspace, if the visuals are broken like before, there be RLS in your report.

For reference: Manage security on your model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I know your problem now is that you share your report by adding end user in App. However after you republish your report they could only see broken visual . And they could see data after you give them workspace member permission. Could they see all data after you add them as members in your workspace?

If they could, maybe you have configured RLS in your Power BI report. In addition to lbendlin's reply, I think you didn't add them in roles in Security in Power BI Service. So they could see nothing due to RLS. If you give them member permission in new workspace, they will have edit permission, so RLS doesn't work. If in classic workspace, you may give member permission(edit). You can have a test to give them viewer permission in workspace, if the visuals are broken like before, there be RLS in your report.

For reference: Manage security on your model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

sounds like a misconfigured RLS?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.