Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

archerjayden
Helper I
Helper I

App Access Requests Automation

Hi, Is there anyway to automate the approve process for PowerBI App access requests that we receive via email.

We are on PowerBI Premium and we keep getting tons of requests from users to access the APP So ideally want to route the email to Business Owner of that app and then with his/her approval via email shall trigger auto grant access to PowerBI App?

Is it possible via PowerAutomate, PowerShell(REST APIs) ?

Thanks, ANS

3 REPLIES 3
Mancera117

@archerjayden did you found a solution? I created a workaround with power automate and some approvals but no the best

bossep999

Anyone heard of a solution where these emails are automatically re-routed into a JIRA-helpdesk, creating a ticket for every new request?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are lucky that you are actually getting these requests. In our premium tenant these requests silently go into the app's request queue, with no notification to the app contacts at all.  Of course nobody ever looks at these queues.

Not aware of any API that lists either current app users or access requests.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.