Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Admin API not working

A month or two ago, I successfully used several of the Admin API calls.

Recently, I have not been able to get the API to work at all. I am using the same PowerShell code, the same credential, and the same registered application as before.

The credential is in the Power BI Adminsitrator role. The registered application has Bower BI Tenant.Read.All and Tenant.ReadWrite.All rights.

This credential and registered application are still working normally with other Power BI API's.

The error returned from the API is 401 Unauthorized, with no additional information.

What might I be doing wrong?

Has something changed with this API, Is it working for everyone else?

Have the documented rights and permission scope changed? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin

Thanks,

Tim Curwick

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been experience similar stuff when trying to use the PowerShell APIs...stuff works one day and not the next. I know Microsoft is rolling out a lot in the PBI service right now...but as a newbie PowerShell person, makes it really hard to figure out if my code is hosed up or if the service isn't behaving nicely....

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

403 is actually the error I was receiving. (401 was when I had the syntax wrong for one set of tests.)

I worked with Microsoft yesterday to troubleshoot. No issues were found at either end.

Today it works. No idea why.

If I learn anything more, I'll post additional updates.

Thanks,

Tim Curwick

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors