Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SRioux
Frequent Visitor

Adding Dynamic Average to scatter plot

Hi 

I've been looking to add a dynamic average line to a scatter plot and can't seem to find a solution to something that seems quite basic. 

Here's what I want to do:

Assume I have the following table:

table.PNG

I created a scatter plot of my data and created a measure for the Average Revenue, which is displayed below.

scatter.PNG

I want to add a horizontal line which shows the Average Revenue to my scatter chart. 

This is a simple example, but in real life my scatter chart has a bunch of filters and the average is recalculated automatically based on the selected filters. The Average Line needs to adjust when I change filtering options.

Is there an easy (or any) way to do this?

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use the Analytics tab (magnifying glass), there is a built-in option for an Average Line. Click visual, underneath VISUALIZATIONS click the magnifying glass.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg

Yes, I have been looking for that option, but it's not there. The only options available are the trendlines and constant X and Y values. Average doesn't show up. My guess is it's because there are no Y values to average for any given X value (as each X value has a different Y value).

@SRioux,

In the Visualizations pane, right-click [Revenue] dragged to Y Axis, and change the aggregation to Sum.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-aggregates

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but that does not display a dynamic Average of the selected filered values. I want the average line to change when I change selected filters. This average is static.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors