Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gokulg
Frequent Visitor

Adding Custom Column Headers in Matrix visual on Top of existing column headers

Hi,

Im using matrix visual in report, so in that we have Rows and Columns. My requirement is to display another one row of Column header on to of existing column headers. Below is sample image in which we need to manually add the highlighted top level column headers. Please suggest to achieve this

Gokulg_0-1632575748465.png

Note : We already tried adding Textbox on top of matrix to display the highlighted header but sometimes matrix visual have scroll bar when we have more columns, so at this time of horizontal scroll the Textbox headers are not in alignment with Matrx visual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Please create a hierarchy according to your needs and place it in the column fields of the matrix visual.

Click Format pane and set the center alignment.

Vlianlmsft_0-1632894782018.png

Vlianlmsft_1-1632894852927.pngVlianlmsft_2-1632894860100.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Please create a hierarchy according to your needs and place it in the column fields of the matrix visual.

Click Format pane and set the center alignment.

Vlianlmsft_0-1632894782018.png

Vlianlmsft_1-1632894852927.pngVlianlmsft_2-1632894860100.png

I'm facing the same problem. I'm not understanding how to create a hierarchy in order to obtain a second header attributed to at least two columns. Can you help me? Can you be more specific about how to create the hierarchy? Thank you in advance.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Gokulg See if this helps: The New Hotness (Custom Matrix Hierarchy) - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

Thanks for sharing, actually in my scenario there is no relation between top level highlighted column header and column headers, so if i use custom hierarchy there should be some matching fields between highlighted header and non-highlighted header. Is there any other way to achieve this

Thanks,

Gokul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.