Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jazfunk
Frequent Visitor

Add context menu to modified bulletchart visual

I've successfully modified the MS BulletChart visual to achieve seven bands, instead of four, and some other items.  Now, I want to add context menu support (right-click) and I'm having the hardest time implementing this.

After following the documentation I'm getting errors on the "eventTarget" portion of this:

this.svg.on('contextmenu', () => {
            const mouseEvent: MouseEvent = d3.event as MouseEvent;
            const eventTarget: EventTarget = mouseEvent.target;
            let dataPoint = d3.select(eventTarget).datum();
            this.selectionManager.showContextMenu(dataPoint? dataPoint.selectionId : {}, {
                x: mouseEvent.clientX,
                y: mouseEvent.clientY
            });
            mouseEvent.preventDefault();
        });

This bullet chart is so complex, that nothing seems to match up with any documentation I'm seeing.  I'm surprised this visual didn't already come equipped to handle a context menu.  The drill-down roles support is listed in the capabilities.json.

Looking for some guidance on how to get this accomplished.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jazfunk ,

Add context menu to Power BI Visual in Power BI embedded analytics for better embedded BI insights -...

Maybe you can refer to the link.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lionel-msft  thank you for your input, however, this is the same link I posted in my question, and the one in which I used to attempt to implement this feature.  This produces errors, as written.  The error states that "no overload matches this call".

Again, thanks for the input.

jazfunk_0-1617627979827.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.