Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

evalindag
Frequent Visitor

Add a Power BI tile with a PowerApps visualization into PowerApps

Hi there,

I'm making an app in which one screen is a Power BI page. This Power BI page includes a Power Apps for Power BI visualization. I can get it to work in Power BI and when I add the Power BI tile to the Power App it shows the following message:

"Can't display this visual.
To see this custom visual, add it to this report first: Power Apps_P BI_CV_.......
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details."

I configured it by using "Pin a live page" on the Power BI report which includes an app and then added an PBI tile in the app

The app inside the Power BI report was added by using the PowerApps visualization 

The app which is located inside The Power BI report works as a stand alone app.

In the app which the Power BI report (with the app) is loaded into everything works in the Preview Mode except the PowerApp app, I can click on all the things from the Power BI report 

But the app itself works when I preview only it and it also works in the Power BI desktop and browser. 

Can anybody guide me in how I can add this custom visual to my report as the error suggests? 

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @evalindag,

Custom visuals have limited privileges,particularly with respect to other applications.

If it's certified then it should be embeddable in other application content, such as OneNote, PowerApps etc., and will render in emails automatically sent by Power BI and any PDF/PowerPoint exports.

If the visual is uncertified, then it will work fine in Power BI Reports and Dashboards as you have observed but not in PowerApps, unfortunately.

You haven't clarified which custom visual it is, so I can't confirm if it's certified or not at this time. If you're unsure as how to confirm its status, please advise what it is and I check this for you. If it is certified then we'll probably need to dig a bit deeper to help you.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi @dm-p and thank you for your reply 🙂

The custom visual I'm getting an error on is the PowerApps for Power BI visual

The photos here below are from the same Power BI report (I've just changed the colors and the allocation of the app)

These screenshots are taken from Power Apps, all these visuals work fine in Power BI desktop and browser but when I upload the live page into PowerApps it shows this error

2020-03-19_11-16-13.png2020-03-25_09-09-30.gif

Do you have an idea what the problem may be? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.