Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

About JIRA connector for Power BI

Hi,

My organization is looking to use JIRA connector for Power BI , to use JIRA as a data source for reporting JIRA data using Power BI.

Would appreciate if there are insights on the below.

1. I believe using the connector, one can setup a data source on JIRA configuring some project and other things within this data source.
  2. Once this is done, one can copy this URL/Link and then use this with "OData" option in "Get data" within Power BI
  3. My question is: how does this reconciles with the licensing of the connector as mentioned in below screenshot. 
  4. For example if I'm a developer looking to install this connector in JIRA, I guess I can set this up in JIRA and using the method outlined above, can use this data source to "pull/import" JIRA data into power bi model.
  5. Once that is done, I can build this report and publish it to my normal workspace to have it consumed by PBI "report users"
  6. So the question now becomes like: in such a scenario it looks like I would need only "lowest" user tier i.e. 10 users (see screenshot below). 
  7. Is this understanding correct or I'm missing something? Am I right to say that the "report users" have no relation to the licencing for this JIRA connector, since we have already pulled data into Power BI from that single licenced user setup to create data soruce in JIRA and build the Power BI report? 
  8. Another question would be: why would any organization use 10000 user tier, given there are generally few developers. This question considers the above understanding as correct.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Perhaps you can parameterize your odata connection string and add query parameter with url conventions to achieve dynamic interact and effect result records:

How to make a variable in connection string? 

Odata URL Conventions 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Perhaps you can parameterize your odata connection string and add query parameter with url conventions to achieve dynamic interact and effect result records:

How to make a variable in connection string? 

Odata URL Conventions 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.