Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DQuigg
Advocate III
Advocate III

ARCGIS, Maps, and Embdded API (Oh My!)

We are still using the old version of embedded and are making plans to switch over to the new Power BI Embedded. ARCGIS was not supported under the old embedded and from the documentation I can find still sems to indicate it is not supported in embedded API.  I am having trouble finding decent mapping solutions that work in embedded.  Does anyone have any experience in this area that can help steer me.  The default Bing maps are horrible and are based on names which is problematic.  I need something that recognizes FIPS codes down to census tract and block group level if possible.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did - thank you.  Pretty disappointing that we can't have a viable mapping solution for embedded. The current alternatives are less than satisfactory. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DQuigg,

According to this documentation, ArcGIS Maps for Power BI is still not available in Power BI Embedded currently.

Service/App Availability
Power BI Desktop Yes
Power BI service (PowerBI.com) Yes
Power BI mobile applications Yes
Power BI publish to web No
Power BI Embedded No
Power BI service embedding (PowerBI.com) No

Here is the idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

I did - thank you.  Pretty disappointing that we can't have a viable mapping solution for embedded. The current alternatives are less than satisfactory. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.