Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manoj883
Regular Visitor

API Metadata Scanner

Hi,

I have been trying to get tables metadata of the reports using "Get-PowerBITable" or "GetScanStatus", I believe "Get-PowerBITable" can only be used on Push Datasets, correct me if am wrong.
am trying different codes from Powershell one is this one "Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url "https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/admin/workspaces/scanStatus/
7395a52c-a64b-4daf-8518-9ad5ffb5de77" -Headers $auth_header -Method GET", and the other you can it below.
Hope someone could help me.
I have admin rights.

Api.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Manoj,

Get-PowerBITable is applicable for push datasets.

Scanner API is collection of 4 REST APIs. you need to call them in right order to get the expected result. You need call below order.

Ref - https://debbiesmspowerbiazureblog.home.blog/category/power-bi-admin-scanner-api/

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Hi Hariharan,

Thanks for the responce, the ref link you mentioned its mostly related to the Azure based app registration and service principle account, but here am trying to execute the scanner API from powershell.
i tried to execute the scanner APIs on powershell.
Api.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors