Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

geovanafs

API Export To File In Group returns Forbidden Error

Hi, I'm trying to use the Export To File In Group end to export a PDF file from my reports and I always get the folowing return:

{
    "error": {
        "code""InvalidRequest",
        "message""Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity"
    }
}

I'm trying to use it in a ASP.NET application with the Master User authentication type and when using the 'Try It' in the Microsoft Docs return the same error as well.

The user account has the Power BI Emmbedded A1 capacity, owns the report (don't know if that influences the result) and all the possible permitions its enable too.

Can somebody help me with this? I didin't found anything like that until now, and that is really impacting in my business.

3 REPLIES 3
romanchr
Regular Visitor

Hi @Jayendran  and @geovanafs ,

I face excatly the same problem. In my case, the user I use for exporting has a Power Bi Pro licence assigned and the workspace the report is published to is in premium capacity. I tired to export the report from the workspace mentioned as well as from my personal workspace. It didn't make any difference. The user I use is also the owner/publisher of the report.

My question is: since the error message hints about licence or capacity issues, what are actually the requirement to be able to use this REST API?

Another question. The API doc mentions the following:

Required scope: (all of the below)

• Report.ReadWrite.All or Report.Read.All
  • Dataset.ReadWrite.All or Dataset.Read.All

How can I check if this requirement is fullfilled?

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @romanchr  @geovanafs  @Jayendran 

Has anyone figured this out? We are having the same problem.

We are recieving the error 'Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity' but we are on an embedded capacity. The report that we are trying to add the export file functionality is currently embedded. 

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @geovanafs ,

Does your workspace (where the report is residing) assigned any capacities ? I think the error says the report which inside a workspace without have any capacity assigned to it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.