Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ddevogel
Frequent Visitor

403 trying to embed report using Javascript sample

Anybody ...? I don't even need an answer ... I'd just take a suggestion on what to look at next ...

Hi All,

I'm just tyring to use the static embed sample from the PowerBI-JavaScript GitHub demo and I'm getting the Chrome console errors below. I feel like I've looked at everything and am at a loss for where to turn next. The token I've generated and signed with my AppKey is valid according to jwt.io (deidentified below) and I've verified all the details about the report I'm after via the PowerBI REST Apis. Can anyone offer any advice? Is there somewhere that report access debug detail gets captured that could help me track down the somewhat cryptic console errors I'm getting? Thanks!

Dave

{
"wid": "my workspace id",
"rid": "my report id",
"wcn": "my workspace collection",
"iss": "my domain",
"ver": "0.2.0",
"aud": "https://analysis.windows.net/powerbi/api",
"exp": 1473326501,
"username": "user@email.com",
"roles": ["user"]

embedErr.png

3 REPLIES 3
KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

A similar error here, any solution?

Hi Kumar,

Yes, I swapped out my token generator for a Microsoft implementation and found that I was base64 encoding my signing key one too many times. I fixed my generator and was able to get the JS sample to work. Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi, would you care about sharing the details? This same error is all over the web without an answer and the error message is really bad. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.