Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kohlivinayak
Resolver I
Resolver I

zero from divide function showing arbitrary value

Hi all 

I am using this below formula 

Current PC Contribution = DIVIDE(SUMX(Sheet1,IF(Sheet1[PC - 2]=Sheet1[max pc],Sheet1[Contrib val_3],0)),SUMX(Sheet1,IF(Sheet1[PC - 2]=Sheet1[max pc],Sheet1[Qty in Ton Adjusted],0)),0)

for values where contrib val 3 is -650 and qty in ton adjusted is 0 (replaced value from "-" to 0 in query editor) i am getting returned value as 29990370638585590000.00 

when i put filters and try to get this single record value for the current pc contribution it shows 0 only, also the grand total is showing correct value.

I am displaying this value in a matrix column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kohlivinayak,

Just select the column [Qty in Ton Adjusted] and change the data type as shown below.

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kohlivinayak,

I can not reproduce the issue. Share us the .pbix file if convenient. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft

PBIX File:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CbhbmtplRSJxzu-CBVwMWe4zkHUuQj89/view?usp=sharing

the value for CSD is comming wrong, though the total is coming out correct.

@kohlivinayak,

The denominator is not exactly zero. A decimal number is always stored as a double-precision floating point value. You may change the data type of [Qty in Ton Adjusted] to fixed decimal number from the Modeling tab.

Tried modeling as well as rounding off not working.

@kohlivinayak,

It works for your .pbix above, please check again. As a kindly reminder, protect your privacy information.

can you share that file back

@kohlivinayak,

Just select the column [Qty in Ton Adjusted] and change the data type as shown below.

Capture.PNG

Thanks finaly got it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.