Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

x

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I noticed that your problem description has been deleted. Has the problem been resolved? If yes, could you accept the answer helpful as solution to help others find it quickly? If not, could you add more details so that we can help you further? Thanks 🙂

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous , could you provide a bit more information on what your expected output looks like?

Have you tried something like Split by Delimiter or Column from Examples?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattww This is the matrix table i am working on. 

JonSnow777_0-1636482397164.png

I am trying to end up with Somthing like this:

JonSnow777_2-1636482597280.png

where i add the two values together 

@Anonymous Just create a new calculated column:

Column2 = "Water"

Use that in your visual instead of the other Column1

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Anonymous  can you please clearly provide sample data and expected output in a table format and not picture?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs
mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks @Anonymous 

Ok, I would suggest creating a new column using Text.BeforeDelimiter in Power Query

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCncMcQ1S0FVwC3J0VtJRMjE2NTQ3VYrVQcgEhPsCJXRNjA3NzYz0zAyVYmMB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Description = _t, #"AFE-Field Est" = _t]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Description", type text}, {"AFE-Field Est", type number}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "DescriptionSplit", each Text.BeforeDelimiter([Description]," - ")),
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Custom", {"DescriptionSplit"}, {{"AFE-Field Est (agg)", each List.Sum([#"AFE-Field Est"]), type nullable number}})
in
#"Grouped Rows"

The Grouping in Power Query may be unneccesary if you want to do your aggregations in DAX when building your visuals.

Alternatively, you could create a dimension table to attach to your budget code.

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors