Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

x-axis values repeats

Hello,

I have a chart in which one of the x-axis values repeats with no data on it... I can't fix it and I don't understand why.

The context:

I have a table in which each line is a different product and has its expiration date. Using this column, I created a calculated column where I categorize each product as "already expired", "recently expired", "will expire in a week", "will expire in 2 to 3 weeks"... etc, as shown below:

Product Status = SWITCH(TRUE();

'Table'[Expiration Date] = BLANK(); BLANK();

AND(DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) < 7; DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >=0) ; "Expired in less than a week";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= 7; "Expired over a week";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= -14; "will expire in 1 to 2 weeks";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= -21; "will expire in 2 to 3 weeks";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= -28; "will expire in 3 to 4 weeks";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= -60; "will expire in 1 to 2 months";

DATEDIFF('Table'[Expiration Date];TODAY();DAY) >= -90; "will expire in 2 to 3 months";

"will expire in more than 3 months")

Also, I made a measure where I sum up the tons of products and then I put it in the chart using the calculated column as my x-axis, given me the following:

https://imgur.com/a/bKpHP2t
(I dont know why, but I couldn't add the images here so I created a URL... I hope it works)

additional information: If I put the calculated column in a table and use it to filter the data, it won't select the doubled column in the chart... So I can't filter the "second" one...

Can anyway explain to me what is happening?

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Daniel,

I solved the problem myself.... finally! 

I was creating a sample of the data to send to you and I recreated the formulas on a new PBI file. Doing this, I noticed that there was a gap in the calculated column (products that would expire in less than a week were not being taken into account and somehow it was making the x-axis repeat a value)... when I filled the gap, the repeated x-axis disappeared. I didn't really understood why this gap led to the problem... but it is solved. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Due to I could not reproduce your problem, could you please offer some sample data to have a test if possible?

And could you have tried to add a filter for your visual with "is not blank" to have a try:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Daniel,

I solved the problem myself.... finally! 

I was creating a sample of the data to send to you and I recreated the formulas on a new PBI file. Doing this, I noticed that there was a gap in the calculated column (products that would expire in less than a week were not being taken into account and somehow it was making the x-axis repeat a value)... when I filled the gap, the repeated x-axis disappeared. I didn't really understood why this gap led to the problem... but it is solved. 

Hi @Anonymous,

It's pleasant that your problem could be solved, could you please mark one reply as answered to close the topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.