Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Qianru221
Helper II
Helper II

x-axis to show every year instead of every 2 yearsd

Hello all,

I have plotted a graph of total number of employees again year line chart. On the x-axis, the year is shown only every 2 years, i.e. 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 etc. How can I set it to show every year instead?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Qianru221,

Thanks. I tried before posting for help. The line chart is a culmulative graph of entries from various date from 2002. If I switch to Categorical, it is completely different from what I expect. In stead of showing the culmulative data against each year, it shows every entry from 2002.

When I adjust time filter to shorten the time span from 2010 to now, the x-axis starts to show every year from 2010. However when I enlongate the timespan, the time scale only shows every 2 years again.....I guess it is automatic and cannot be changed?

So you want show data at Day/Date level, but keep all Years as label on X-axis? If that is case, I don't think there is way to do it in Power BI currently. It seems to be that Chart visuals will adjust the data labels automatically (based on label size and chart size) in this scenario. I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
barlevitzky
Helper II
Helper II

HI,

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Thanks. I tried before posting for help. The line chart is a culmulative graph of entries from various date from 2002. If I switch to Categorical, it is completely different from what I expect. In stead of showing the culmulative data against each year, it shows every entry from 2002.

When I adjust time filter to shorten the time span from 2010 to now, the x-axis starts to show every year from 2010. However when I enlongate the timespan, the time scale only shows every 2 years again.....I guess it is automatic and cannot be changed?

Hi @Qianru221,

So you want show data at Day/Date level, but keep all Years as label on X-axis? If that is case, I don't think there is way to do it in Power BI currently. It seems to be that Chart visuals will adjust the data labels automatically (based on label size and chart size) in this scenario. I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Qianru221

Hi. Set the Axis to Categorical. Format Panel

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Lima - Peru

Hi Victor,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.