Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fred99

wrong import of data from access file

Hello,

I tried to import a table from a access file but all the column with numbers are null or have wrong numbers. I checked the file in the query editor and at this stage the numbers are correct. When I upload the file from the query editor to power bi all the numbers again wrong or 0. Also the product code which is formated as text is wrong (the product code are duplicated or put in the wrong row). Again the file in the query editor is fine once I uploaded it to power bi  the loaded data are wrong.

I have loaded several table to power bi but I never had this problem. Maybe someone has an idea of the reason of this strange behavior.

Thanks in advance

Fred

5 REPLIES 5
pnvinod
Helper I
Helper I

Please verify and change Datatypes for these columns as appropriate,

Then Refresh

I checked datatypes and refreshed but the result has not changed. The data import is still wrong.

Could you please share sample data of your table and also the corresponding data seen in power BI?

Hello;

I made another test. The table consists of over 60000 rows. I reduced the tabel to 5 rows and loaded the file in power bi and no error the data are correct. I reloaded the 60000 rows and the data are wrong. That means that in one or some rows datas which confuse power bi and let them make this strange behavior, but what can that be???

Sorry, I may not be able to suggest anything on this data related Issue 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.