Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slyfox
Helper II
Helper II

wrong column sum for allexcept measure

Dear Community,

Please help to solve an issue with Column SUM for ALLEXCEPT related measure.

Report return expected row results, but sum for this row definitely wrong.

PBI file https://send.firefox.com/download/eb46fe9596ae65ef/#UdUFN3Z6BdOjr3PJIym-Ew
or https://www.plustransfer.com/download.php?id=63432b87a5dd29dd59358ee445c93619&email=%C2%89%7Ftw%7C%C...

Comm 1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slyfox 

I would suggest you create a measure to get the correct total.

Measure =
SUMX (
    SUMMARIZE (
        F_Shipment_Delivery,
        F_Shipment[SMP_Id],
        F_Shipment_Delivery[LINK_Delivery_Order]
    ),
    [Distr_NegoCost]
)

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slyfox 

I would suggest you create a measure to get the correct total.

Measure =
SUMX (
    SUMMARIZE (
        F_Shipment_Delivery,
        F_Shipment[SMP_Id],
        F_Shipment_Delivery[LINK_Delivery_Order]
    ),
    [Distr_NegoCost]
)

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@slyfox  hi ok so something is wrong, but what are you expecting, can you give me something to compare it to?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @vanessafvg 
Result for this column should be the same as for SM_Negotiated Cost

@slyfox  ok then the problem is your relationships.  you have all your relationships set up to bi directional, you should change that to single and that should resolve your issue

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I was having the same problem and your suggestion solved it! THANK YOUUUU! @vanessafvg 

@vanessafvg  

I did not find the answer in your posts. Links are set in the form in which it was required.

If you do not know how to solve the problem with the defined conditions, please ignore the post.

@vanessafvg Suggest workflow cannot be applied because it brings to wrong results in row by row calculations.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/bidirectional-relationships-and-ambiguity-in-dax/

@vanessafvg 
In my example, only 1/20 of the tables used in the model. My question is simple, within the existing data model it is possible to solve the problem or not?

yes as  i have said, disabling some of the the bidirectional relationships does this, however this is not as simple as you making out,  the onus is on you to understand how power bi works if this does not meet all your requirements.   what i am saying is right now based on your relationship model, this is is what is going to be returned, its important to undertand the behaviour of bi directional relationshipscapture1.PNGships. 

Capture.PNG

@slyfox you mean relationships flow?   then you might need to think about remodeling your data because that is what the relationships set up in both directions do.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.