Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laurelning
Helper I
Helper I

why the count is not right

Hello everyone,

I am new to Power Bi and this is a very simple question. While creating a table of counts for each category ( in text) under a column, I don't know why the number of counts is not right based on data. I checked the data table imported to Power BI from excel and it is all correct. But the number of counts is not right. Does anyone know what's going on? 

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@laurelning, It is difficult to get the reason from the info.  Try following

1. Remove all filters and check for Count As KPI and in the table of data you created is matching or not. Basically only from one table. If this one matches then

2. The add filter and check which filter is causing that

3. If step one is giving the wrong count, then try import this file(table) into a new file and try to check for the count.

View solution in original post

@laurelning is the filter you have taken in filter pane and one on slicer is from the same column and same table. 

If they are not the same that will open up the option to debug further. 

Not sure if you are using latest version of powerBI, Filter pane is much better in latest version.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.