Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

why do the colors in my graph change with a dynamic legend?

Hi!

I made a line graph with a dynamic legend (you can choose age group or gender or country, etc.). But everytime the legend changes, the colors of my line graph change! Even if I set the colors of one legend, it's different when I choose another legend and go back to the first. It is especially annoying since Power BI chooses colors like grey-white that are barely visible...

Who can tell me how to make sure the legends of my line graphs are always the same colors? (although they don't have the same amount of values).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Everytime, we create a line chart and add a legend, the color of is set by default. When you change the color and change the legend, it will go back the original default color, which is a by design behaviour, we can't make sure the legends of my line graphs are always the same colors. If you want to display the same color for different legend, please set the same color every time you change the legend.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Everytime, we create a line chart and add a legend, the color of is set by default. When you change the color and change the legend, it will go back the original default color, which is a by design behaviour, we can't make sure the legends of my line graphs are always the same colors. If you want to display the same color for different legend, please set the same color every time you change the legend.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.