Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prakash11440278
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

what if parameter default slider selection

Hi Power BI Experts,

I have a requirement in what if parameters, where i want to set default values in it when i open the report. If nothing has selected by default it would show the backend data values, if user drag the slider it should show the report data values. Please help. Below example 5555 & 100% data values should automatically select on the slider when the report opens.

prakash11440278_1-1623385381023.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prakash11440278 

you can set default value for this slicer, and if nothing has selected it would return default value, but it can't show value in slicer unless you slider it.

FYI:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-is-intended-behaviour-for-default-value-of-What-if/m-p...

One quick example,

v-xiaotang_0-1623812067008.png

then, I use a card visual to show the return value of Slicer,

v-xiaotang_1-1623812260912.png

v-xiaotang_2-1623812701903.png

e.g.

v-xiaotang_3-1623812790473.png

Could you please mark the solution you find helpful by clicking Accept as Solution. Really appreciate!😃

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @prakash11440278 

Thank you for your reply.  but just as I said before, " it can't show value in slicer unless you slider it.", at least for now.

I suggest you create an idea for it in
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you sharing your report with your users? If you are publishing to PBI Service, then you can open the report in Service, set the slider values to whatever you want, save the report, then when any user opens the report, either from within Service or from a direct link to the report page, it will show the slicers with your saved values. 

Please test and let me know if that works for you!

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prakash11440278 

you can set default value for this slicer, and if nothing has selected it would return default value, but it can't show value in slicer unless you slider it.

FYI:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-is-intended-behaviour-for-default-value-of-What-if/m-p...

One quick example,

v-xiaotang_0-1623812067008.png

then, I use a card visual to show the return value of Slicer,

v-xiaotang_1-1623812260912.png

v-xiaotang_2-1623812701903.png

e.g.

v-xiaotang_3-1623812790473.png

Could you please mark the solution you find helpful by clicking Accept as Solution. Really appreciate!😃

Best Regards,

Hi @v-xiaotang 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Here my requirement is to show the default value "7" in slicer as single value, not in card visual. I am able to show in card visual but how to show in slicer?

Hi @prakash11440278 

Have you solved your problem? If yes, kindly accept it as the solution. Otherwise, please provide more details about your problem so that we can work on it further. Thanks😃

Best Regards,

Hi @prakash11440278 

Thank you for your reply.  but just as I said before, " it can't show value in slicer unless you slider it.", at least for now.

I suggest you create an idea for it in
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

Best Regards,

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi

Please refer this as we have a solution already.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-is-intended-behaviour-for-default-value-of-What-if/m-p...

Thanks

Hari

Hi @Hariharan_R ,

Here my requirement is to show the default value in slicer not in any other card visual. Pleae help here, how we can show when open the report default values should display in slicer or user selection input box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.