Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

what-if parameter changes my input

Well known issue:

what-if parameter, p:
p = GENERATESERIES(0, 400, 0.01)

--> Problem: The selected value will be rounded up or down

The problem seems to be fixed for whole numbers, is there a workarround for decimals?

(I know the input should be limited to 1000 Values but it is not possible for calculation)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

that's because you have more than 1002 values. Then it will take random values in the whole range.

Check the following article on what exactly is the problems and what alternatives are there:

Why is it sometimes not possible to select the exact number in the what-if parameter and how can this be solved? - What the fact.bi

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved this issue based on Denis suggested solution and attached a Rounddown function to it. This means if a user will input 5.00 the float might round up to 5.01 in any visual. To avoid that and other issues I use the rounddown(min(input),2)
--> 5.00 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Denis for your quick reply.

Great link! 
If I use your 2. option of the suggested solution and change the type of slicer to "Less than or equal to" the problem still occurs. 

123.JPG

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

that's because you have more than 1002 values. Then it will take random values in the whole range.

Check the following article on what exactly is the problems and what alternatives are there:

Why is it sometimes not possible to select the exact number in the what-if parameter and how can this be solved? - What the fact.bi

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.