Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joel1201

weekly sales report by product accross multipul locations

Hi All

This is my first adventure into the Power Bi Land and despite going though the tutorials it is just not clicking for me.

I'm trying to build a sales report that colates week on week sales based on certain products.

REPORT Table

PLU DescriptionW1Qty Sold W1$Sold W2Qty Sold W2$Sold 
123Product 1 50050004004000
555Product 29090050500

Data for each week is in a seperate sheet

PLU DescriptionStore Qty Sold$ Sold 
123Product 1 Store17007000
123Product 1 Store25005000
555Product 2Store180800
555Product 2Store250

Additionally I am only looking for certain products in the lists, these are listed in another table 

PLUDescriptionSizeCategory 
123Product 1 425BT-425
500Product 2 425BT-425
325Product 3 570BT-570
999Product 430Spirits 

Any help or a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@joel1201 the best would be combine each weekly sales report in one table, you can do this in power query (advanced editor) append feature, before appending add new column in your file called "Week" and assign value to "Week 1", "week 2", depending on fiile.

At end, you will have file of all weeks with a column "Week" showing which week this file is from, and now if you use matrix visual, you can have product on rows, week on column and $ and qty on values. and everything will line up.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@joel1201 the best would be combine each weekly sales report in one table, you can do this in power query (advanced editor) append feature, before appending add new column in your file called "Week" and assign value to "Week 1", "week 2", depending on fiile.

At end, you will have file of all weeks with a column "Week" showing which week this file is from, and now if you use matrix visual, you can have product on rows, week on column and $ and qty on values. and everything will line up.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.