Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

week on week change

Hi there!

I know this topic has been written about a lot, but I'm having trouble making it work. 

I have sales data by day, which I'd like to group by week and get the week - on - week % change. 

I have the data linked to a date table, and created a measure to get the P7D of sale 

Last 7 Days =
CALCULATE (
SUM ( 'Aladdin Updated Data'[Net Total Payment] ),
DATESINPERIOD ( 'Aladdin Updated Data'[SellDate], MAX ( 'Aladdin Updated Data'[SellDate] ), -7, DAY )
)

Now i just want to show the % change from the week previous. 

I thought maybe I could find the sales for days 14-7 and get the change from there? 

Haven't had any luck yet, hoping someone can help!

Thank yoU!

Sonia

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your data sample which could reproduce the scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

In addition, you could refer to this similar threads which has been solved.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Week-over-Week-Comparison/td-p/298471

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Week-over-Week-Change/td-p/243318

If you still need help, please share some sample  data which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey Sonia,

I'm wondering if you have given this site a closer look:

https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

From my point of view, almost everything that can be said about time/date calculations is said.

If you do not find what you are looking for, please create a pbix with some sample data, upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.