Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

abhi_7403
Advocate I
Advocate I

we're unable to conect.please delete your credentials and try again later

we're unable to conect.please delete your credentials and try again later.... this error came whenever i try to connect data... i'm using CDS and trying to connect to CDS URL using  organization crriteria... how to resolve this..?

52 REPLIES 52

I'm running Power Bi Desktop RS Version: 2.100.1381.0 64-bit (January 2022). I am also receiving this error. I don't have an "Athentication browser" section in the security settings. Anyone got ideas on a workaround in this situation?

tafulton_0-1656281019515.png

Hi this worked! Thanks for the hint

Please, update Power BI Desktop to a recent version to get this option.

Same issue is happening to us for last couple of weeks. Thought it was a fluke. Now glad to see it wasn't just me. The work around by changing the the Global Settings to use the default browser to authenticate got us working again. Hope the new fix comes out soon. 

JayVee
Frequent Visitor

My organization just started having this problem today (17 June 2022) whenever an user tries to access our cloud-based Analysis Service. Any idea from MS on why this is hapenning?

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security ->  Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box)

Unable to Connect Solution.png

Thank you! It worked for me.

After hours of searching for a fix, this worked!  Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!

Thanks

JonnyB
Frequent Visitor

I'm having same issue. Everything was working fine until Friday 17th June and now I'm having this issue with  exsiting datasets and dataflows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

File > Options and settings > Options > Global > Security > (scroll down) Authentication Browser > Check the box "Use my default web browser"

CodyCLE_0-1655910637511.png

emillanc
Advocate II
Advocate II

A new Power BI option enables the possibility to use your default browser to load the oAuth page.

emillanc_0-1640193962192.png

If the authentication window for Power BI (or data connector) can't open for some reason, this option allows you to use your default web browser to authenticate instead.

It drove me crazy. Luckily, found this post, it saved me.

Does not works for me, with edge as the default browser.

My problem was solved. It's actually an issue with my account. Usually when I work from home, I will be prompted to input the verficiation code as part of the account authenication process  before I can edit a Power query linked to on-premise database. On that day, something went wrong with the account authentificaiton process, I was not prompted to input a verfication code, hence I got an connection issue in Power BI. This is the first time I had the authentification issue though. 

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security ->  Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box)

Thank you very much, I worked perfectly.

Sorted me out too, thanks very much

The workaround worked for me too. Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.