Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

visuals taking long time to load in direct query mode

I have created a live connection between power bi and snowflake in which i am representing credits used by each warehouse and i did so. But the visuals in power bi are taking time to load. I have used a slicer to filter the report by using parameters year,month,day,hour .Whenever i applies a filter visual updation takes long time. Can anyone suggest how should i optimize the speed in direct query mode

4 REPLIES 4
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please go through below links. Had lots of useful information on Direct Query limitations and improvements.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-about

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do like the response if it seems good and helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnkitBI  Actually Report is taking average time of 5-6 seconds to load. I just want to know  can i reduce the time below 5 seconds in direct query mode ?

Yes, you can improve performance. Links provided for Direct Query has section "Guidance for using DirectQuery successfully" with lots of perfomance tips.

Try implementing those and check if time is getting reduced.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.