Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vsubramanian

visualizations tools and fields not showing on the right

pbi_forum_screencap.png

Issue:

1. The visualization you are seeing shows when I squeeze the window smaller and it maximized, it will disappear.

2. The Fields option which will show is not there.

3. The pages that will show at the bottom do not show.

Restore to default settings is probably there somewhere and if it is there please let me know, where and how to restore or reset.

I am running this on Windows 7 x64 (lenovo Thinkpad T50 i7 SSD) (not going to change to Windows 10 for some time WinX not an option.)

What may have caused this behaviour if related ? 

a. There was a recent Windows update.

b. I installed Visual Studio 2017.

c. To get more real estate when working on Power BI report, I stretched the app across 2 monitors, then shrunk it to one monitor before publishing it.

After I noticed this behaviour, I uninstalled the Power BI Desktop app and reinstalled it, nothing changed.

I upgraded Power BI to the most recent OCTOBER release, uninstalled etc., no dice.

I thought this was probably my account, logged into my account from another laptop no issues.

Any help is appreciated.

if it is to do with the registry please send details of what they should be.

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@vsubramanian,

This issue maybe realted to your Operating System as you said that "There was a recent Windows update.". We cannot reproduce this issue on Windows 10 which have Visual Studio installed. So you could uninstall that window update and check if this issue persists or not.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.