Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Saraswathi
Frequent Visitor

visualizations pane and fields pane is not displaying in power bi desktop report view

Hi,

I have power bi desktop installed in my machine.  When i open power bi desktop and login with my account, visualizations and fields pane are not showing in report view to develop any report. And also in data view can't see any tables though i had set up data model. 

Someone please assist me to ressolve this issue.

Thanks

Saraswathi M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have got the response from Support team. After setting the desktop background - font scaling to 100%, visualizations and fields pane are showing.

THanks

Saraswathi M

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ziafelice27

``````Solved~~~~~~ Partially

When I made the toolbar on the top go up a little bit by clicking on the carrot on the right side I was able to access one value box (this may be tedious when you have to move each field from that value box to a different field but whatever (you can do that by left clicking on the field once it is in the values box and it will say move to your desired location)). Oh well hope this helps...

Here's a photo of how it looks once you minize the top tool bar.

ziafelice27_0-1712711752377.png

Saahil

Hi @v-chuncz-msft @Saraswathi 

I have set the font scaling - 100 %. Still only the filter pane is visible on power BI UI. It's not showing other 2 pane: visualization pane & field's pane. am i missing something here?

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

Hi @v-chuncz-msft @Saraswathi ,

No need to look into this one, by mistake I clicked on download instead of going through advanced download options & going for this one: PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe. This is resolved for now

Saraswathi
Frequent Visitor

Adding some more details to my post, below is the desktop version installed

Version: 2.52.4921.461 64-bit (November 2017)

added screen shot of power bi desktop, where visualizations and fields pane are not showing on the right side of report view.

PBI desktop.png

@Saraswathi,

You may first check the latest version 2.52.4921.581.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have installed the latest version (Version: 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (November 2017))  now, but still the same issue, cant see visualizations and fields pane. Please suggest me other idea.

@Saraswathi,

I can not reproduce the issue. You could create a support ticket.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hai I did create a support ticket. Thanks for your response. But just wanted to know if there is any limitation on OS side, i have windows 8.1 pro, will it be an issue.  Becuase it was wrking well with windows 8.1 before i upgrade my OS to 8.1 pro and installed sql server management studio. As far as i have looked at documentation, it doesnt seems to have any limitation on OS. 

Thanks

Saraswathi M

@Saraswathi,

You may also check the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Visualizations-not-displaying/td-p/17743

I have looked at this post(https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Visualizations-not-displaying/td-p/17743), all those settings are as expected in my machine.  When i open power bi desktop, i can see visualizations for a sec and then it disappears immediately. Will it be an compatiblity issue or something els?

image.png

Thanks

Saraswathi M

@Saraswathi,

I haven't seen any compatibility issue.

Ok Thanks.  I am not sure why visualization pane get disappears immediately.  Let me wait for the support team to come back. Please let me know if you find anything else regarding this issue.

I have got the response from Support team. After setting the desktop background - font scaling to 100%, visualizations and fields pane are showing.

THanks

Saraswathi M

@Saraswathi,

Glad to hear that. You could help accept solution. That way, other community members may also benefit. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.