Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

visualizations filters multiple grouped conditions

I have a report that needs to include data based upon multiple filter conditions and I cannot figure out how to do it in Power BI. Here is the a simple example of what I want to do if I had written it in SQL. Select category, product, type, sum(sales_amt) from sales where category = vehicle and (type = 'car' and (product = 'Nissan' or product = 'Toyota') and (product <> 'Honda')) or (type = 'truck' and product = 'Honda') group by category, product, type; In Power BI with the filters I can set the filter to say type = car, and truck and product = Nissan, Toyota, or Honda but I cannot figure out how to set the or conditions where the filter conditions are grouped together and dependent upon other filters. One more question the filters: When I select the advanced filtering option I can enter in 2 conditions for that one field but there are many times I need to enter in more than 2 conditions (ex: does not contains "blue", "red", "yellow", or "orange" Thank you...

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Currently it is no possible to group filter. You can vote similar existing idea, or raise a new idea.Microsoft Idea · Ability to add group of filter in the new filter pane (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are correct, filters like these cannot be implemented in the Power BI user interface. You can however implement them in measures.

Raise an idea/vote for an existing one to increase the number of available advanced filter options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.