Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

siddharthj
Regular Visitor

visualising data in reports

Hi

I'm new to power BI and making an dashboard for review.

I have created lookup or dimension table, when displaying data in matrix view, all the values in lookup table are listed even when there is no corresponding data for those lookup values.

When using 'Filters' to eliminate the rows with '0' or 'is not blank' results in wrong totals. Tried variation with 'distinct' / 'distinctcount' without success.

Appreciate advice.

Thanks,

Siddharth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@siddharthj , have you created correct join with your dimension. It should me1 to many. Dimension to fact

If even after correct join, it does not display the data, Can you share sample data and sample output.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
siddharthj
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak , @Anonymous , @v-yuta-msft ,

Thanks for your responses. I just wnated to update you all;

when i created sample data for you all and re-run the report the problem got fixed and the matrix view is as it shuold be.

as @amitchandak suggested there were some issues with relationship between Fact & Dimension tables which got fixed on re-loading Fact data tables.

So I went back and uploaded the Fact Data once again and Woaa... the reports were perfectly OK and good to move to next step...

...and next problem I am now posting...

Thanks 

Siddharth

Anonymous
Not applicable

To resolve, we need to have a sample that will highlight the issue. Otherwise it's not possible to tell you how to handle this.

Best
D
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@siddharthj ,

Could you please share sample data and clarify more details about this issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@siddharthj , have you created correct join with your dimension. It should me1 to many. Dimension to fact

If even after correct join, it does not display the data, Can you share sample data and sample output.

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your answer. All my relationships from Dimension tables to Fact Tables have cardinality 1 to Many.

Please let me know how can I share sample data for Power BI Desktop.

Thanks,

Siddharth

You can put your file on one drive or dropbox and share the link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.