cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User VI
Super User VI

Re: visual total not matching sum of individual row

Great @Andvil - glad I was able to help.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: visual total not matching sum of individual row

Hi @edhans,

I was using the sumx formula you suggested and it all looked great. Today I realized there is a mistake (not really a mistake, but when I asked for help I created a simpler example than the one I work with, my real report requires more).

So, in my real report, I use multiple filters. When filtering by month or sales code I get the distinct count total correct (considering row by row values), but when I filter according to any other variable, such as product, country, customer, transport, etc... the distinct count total value does not match the row by row sum. 

I tried with all the formulas and the ones with the Hasonevalue but I get mistakes either when filtering by sales code or by month.

Can you help me with this issue please, I attach the file so you can better understand and visualize what I am saying: Distinct Count Example 2 

I tried adding the filter variables in the sumx and summarize formula and still got the incorrect total. I know you suggested me not to use summarize formula but I tried to see if that formula works in this case.

I would really appreciate your help.

Best,

Jal

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors