Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

visual slicer and calculate filter on the same column

Hi all,

Baground:

Comparing one organisations pricing to everyone else in the market. Using two simple measures, one calcuates the $ difference the other calcuates the % change. See below for % change measure, with difference being built the same:

Spoiler
% Change = 
VAR __Company = CALCULATE([Average],MarketPricingTable[Organisation] = "Disney")
VAR __Competitor = CALCULATE([Average],,MarketPricingTable[Organisation] <> "Disney")
RETURN DIVIDE(__Competitor - __Company ,__Company ,0)

Problem:

Visuals do not change with a slicer using Organisation:

Finer details:

The difference measure has 1 card and 2 bar graphs.  One of the bar graphs does change when using the Organisation slicer.

The % change measure has 1 car and three line graphs. 2 of the line graphs change when disney and other companies are selected in the slicer.  < miss viewed this as the graphs were small.

Solution:

closest link online I could find was: https://exceleratorbi.com.au/filtering-column-via-visual-calculate/

The company's cacluate needs to use all finters/slicers except for Organisation.  Where as Competitor needs all filters/slicers.

Edit: removed a miscellaneous bit.

Edit 2: strikethough txt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution:

HA, got it:

% Change = 
VAR __company = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Price]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet1[Organisation]),Sheet1[Organisation] = "DD"))
VAR __competitor = CALCULATE([Average],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Organisation]),Sheet1[Organisation] <> "DD"))
RETURN DIVIDE(__competitor - __company,__company,0)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution:

HA, got it:

% Change = 
VAR __company = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Price]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet1[Organisation]),Sheet1[Organisation] = "DD"))
VAR __competitor = CALCULATE([Average],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Organisation]),Sheet1[Organisation] <> "DD"))
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi AaronSC,

Have you change the interactions between visuals?

Capture.PNG 

In addtion, it seems like your measure % Change doesn't have interactions with your slicers, have you tried ALLSELECTED()? If this issue persists, could you please post some sample data or make a mock-up for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, here is a pbix file. I was able to duplicate the issue with % change and Diff.  However, I could not find a way to make it only work for some of the diff bar graphs.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SXE9Otomrk2toIaWh_vezHtGZNprJcMh

If there is a better way to share on this forum, please le\t me know.

Hi AaronSC,

Modify the measure using DAX formula below and check if it can work:

% Change = 
VAR __company = CALCULATE([Average],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Organisation]), Sheet1[Organisation] = "DD"))
VAR __competitor = CALCULATE([Average], FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Organisation]), Sheet1[Organisation] <> "DD"))

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not changed the interactions between visuals for any of the %/Diff visuals.

I have just tried:

% Change = 
VAR __Company = CALCULATE([Average],MarketPricingTable[Organisation] = "Disney", AllSELECTED(MarketPricingTable[Organisation]))
VAR __Competitor = CALCULATE([Average],MarketPricingTable[Organisation] <> "Disney")
RETURN DIVIDE(__Competitor - __Company ,__Company ,0)

I will, see if I can get you a mockup/sample data.

Regards,

Aaron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.