Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Niki
Helper III
Helper III

visual like Timeline visual but without the time aspect

Hi,

I am looking or some kind of timeline visual, where it is not obligated to put in time.

I just want to show values.

I want to show an agreed range (in blue) and then I want to add 2 markers, 1 for the current status (grey) and 1 for the expected final status. (orange).

I cannot share datasample, as it is really sensitive.

But when category is 1800-5999 as in the example, I have a dimensiontable with a column with startvalue per categorie, so 1800 in the example and a column with endvalue per category, 5999 in the example. Current and expected endvalue are simple measures.

hope anyone can help, it is really hard to google, as I don't know how to capture this in a simple search...

Niki_0-1606142675383.png

5 REPLIES 5
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I was looking for more Charticulator practice, so I made a visual for this. See pic below.  If it works for you, I added a link to a folder that has the pbiviz, along with the Charticulator template and chart files in case you need to modify.  I put a category on the Y axis, but you can just Filter to one value and it will just show one.

mahoneypat_0-1608390952775.png

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vPaXyOs2U7oHN7C7HTH8QCXJzkPVQKPZ?usp=sharing

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

If none of the custom visuals in appsource work for you, you can build it yourself with Charticulator (or R or Python).

(2) Can You Say "Charticulator"? - I Knew You Could - Portland Power BI UG - YouTube

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi,

Thanks for your effort.

They are all just not it, first one looks really good, but doesn't giv me the option to color the bar chart properly.

Like in the example, the values should be somewhere in the range (1800 to 5999), so I would like the range to be green, before the range (<1800) orange and over the range (> 5999) to be red. This visual always starts at 0... or sums up (Stacked) To bad because it looked hopefull.

The other to are timelines which both ask for datecolumns, so not usefull.

I a looking at a gauge visual, where it is really easy to put in the colors as described before, but adding the 2 values in a similar way, and formatting them is the challenge.. 

KR

Niki
Helper III
Helper III

Anyone? It may also be a gauge visual. I have one where I can put the range but I cannot add 2 markers (only a actual and a target, and the target does not have te correct formatting options to make it a clear visual)

Really need this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.