Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nuemio
Frequent Visitor

visual filters over-riding tooltip filters

Hi all,

A bit of backround to my issue:

I am connecting via live connection to a multi-dimensional cube so therefore I havent got the ability to use dax and create measures on PBI desktop which I am aware of. I have a slicer selected for Year: 2019 and this has correctly filters my line graph and my cards to show figures that reflect the year 2019. 

I wish to add a tooltip to show cards using the 2019 filter and a bar graph to show multiple years.

Tooltip setup:

When I set "Keep all filters" to "Off", this correctly shows the years in the bar graphs but ignores the year 2019 filter on the cards. So when I hover over the line graph that is filtered on 2019 to view my tooltip I would expect the cards in tooltip to show 2019 but the bar graph to show multiple years.

Alternatively when I set "Keep all filters" to "On", this cards correctly shows date for 2019 data but the bar visual shows 2019 and not the required previous years.

Any sort of guidance would be a great help

Thanks,

Nuemio

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nuemio ,

You can make a new measure in the tooltip visual if you set "Keep all filters" to "Off".  You can refer to this case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Custom-Filter-for-Tooltip-H

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi,

You provieded me with an invalid link which I cant open. However, the problem still occurs when I select keep all filters off. Dragging in measures as a tooltip filter automatically sets "keep all filters" to "On". So the bar graph in the tooltip is filtered correctly but the cards have no filter whatsoever.

This is the goal I am trying to reach:

I have a Line and Clustered Column chart visual with 3 shared axis. I want to show a specific tooltip for each axis in the next level of hierachy. So far it bugs out when I set the tooltip report page to "Auto". If I select my tooltip page in the dropdown it will only show that tooltip visual on any hierachy level within the chart. I dont want this. Is it possible to show a tooltip specific to any level of the hierachy within the same visual?

Thanks,

Nuemio

Hey! Did you ever figure out what was happening here? I'm running into a similar issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.