Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

visual filtering on counts = 1

I'm filtering visuals on whether slicers have trimmed the data selected to 1 row.  Seems like it should be easy, but it has been remarkably unstable.  Some charts work, others don't...and they're using the same selection (and therefore the underlying relationships are the same as well).  

This example though, has a slightly different issue in that when multiple rows are present, it runs out of allocated memory for the visual. (That's the error message...can't load--not enough memory).  I have a visual filter where if the countrows is not 1--it shouldn't show.  Perhaps there's more to it, hence my post.

Please look at the 4 pics.  I have a bar and line graph--and if "measures" count is 1 it should show, otherwise not.  

• Photo 1 is when the model is first opened.  No issue.  And the "matrix" below it behaves as desired.
  • Photo 2 shows a proper selection.
  • Photo 3 shows what appears when I clear the slicer selection.  Note the matrix is working fine.
  • Photo 4 shows the measures count.  (And there is a big row count of measures data behind it....just it's all 1 measure type.)
  • Photo 5 shows the filter MeasuresSelect is 1

Any thoughts or approaches I can take?  (Can I just "filter" the data file when I detect the measure select count not = 1?)  Thanks, Tom

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you just put thethe VariableMeasuresSelection as a page level filter?

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you just put thethe VariableMeasuresSelection as a page level filter?

That's a great idea!  Regretably, the page level filter bin will not accept the measure...not sure what the rules for that are, but it doesn't.  AND to add to the craziness, this morning things work fine.  Not sure the next steps here...just wait and see what happens.  I'm about to post a second, very different visual slicer filter on count rows...don't want it to be buried in this thread.  Thanks again,

Tom

Good to hear its worked albeit mysteriously.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.