Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

visual filter for Clustered Column Chart

Hello Fellow PowerBi'ers,

I have a Custered Column Chart whose function is pretty straightforward---show three bars  Each is a computed measure from a single table that is filtered via a relationship.  The filter picks a "Performance Measure" and the three bars are percentile calc's.  Here's a picture:

Capture.PNG

I only want it to show if a Performance Measure has been picked....meaning

• DistinctCount on the variable name in the relationship connected table is one--this visual filter doesn't respond to mouse clicks to enter a 1
  • OR the variable name ISFILTERED in that relationship connected table--a visual filter from this doesn't respond to mouse clicks to enter a filter condition
  • OR the variable name DistinctCount in the data table generating the values is 1--this allows me to say is 1, but doesn't respond (not show) to a situation where it's not one. (VariableCount = DistinctCount(MeasuresData[Variable_Name]))

Any ideas here?

Thanks, Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ThomasDay

Based on my understanding, what you'd like is

1. Don't show any bar in the char when no option or more than one option selected.
  2. Show 3 bars according to the selected one option.

If your case is as above, try to modify your measures like

25th =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Table[VariableColumn] ) && HASONEVALUE ( Table[VariableColumn] ),
    PERCENTILE.INC ( MeasuresData[Variable_Value], .25 ),
)

If it solves your problem, please accept it as solution. For any question, feel free to let me know. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Vi200838
Regular Visitor

@Eric_Zhang : I have a similar required . I have some product groups and a measure. I am showing both on a chart. The requirement is when All is selected it should show a single bar in the clustered chart with the total of the measure for all the groups and when specific groups are selected it should show the bars for the groups selected. 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ThomasDay

Your requirement is confusing me. Please post the measure expressions and the tables details.

Hello @Eric_Zhang,  Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay.  Here are details.  
The column chart and the fields it displays are shown below: 

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Each of the three bar values is a measure computed like the following...one for 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles

25th = PERCENTILE.INC(MeasuresData[Variable_Value],.25)

The MeasuresData table is filtered like so--picking a variable name--and all the records associated with that variable name are used to compute the percentiles.

Capture2.PNG

And then to recap the question: how can I show the percentile bars ONLY when there has been a Variable Name (Numerator Measure in the filter heading above) chosen?

Take a peek at the first post to see what I've tried.

Does this help?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Tom

@ThomasDay

Based on my understanding, what you'd like is

1. Don't show any bar in the char when no option or more than one option selected.
  2. Show 3 bars according to the selected one option.

If your case is as above, try to modify your measures like

25th =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Table[VariableColumn] ) && HASONEVALUE ( Table[VariableColumn] ),
    PERCENTILE.INC ( MeasuresData[Variable_Value], .25 ),
)

If it solves your problem, please accept it as solution. For any question, feel free to let me know. 🙂

@Eric_Zhang  that works great.  The only mod I made was for "false" I put in "" since the labels otherwise show as zero.  Thank you very much, Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.