Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Avia
Frequent Visitor

view duplicate values in dashboard

Hi,

I am new to power bi and just learning how to use it.

I have a report connected by ODATA and I would like to create a dashboard where i can see only duplicate listings according to a specific column.

For example I have the following columns NAME ADDRESS PHONE and i want to view only those listings that have the name show up more then once (in sevral rows).

An additional level would be if I have a few columns with phone number and i want to find duplicates across the file. If one row shows a phone number that appears in another (not necessarily in the same column).

The thing is that i want it to stay dinamic so if I reffresh the data I will still see ALL the duplicats (including new ones)

Hope this is clear.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Avia Thanks for that. Please try the below using "New Table" option for each DAX.

Test25Out1 = FILTER(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Test25[NAME],"CNT",COUNTROWS(Test25)),[CNT]>1)

image.png

Test25Out2 = 
VAR _Temp = FILTER(DISTINCT(Test25[PHONE2]),Test25[PHONE2]<>BLANK())
RETURN CALCULATETABLE(Test25,FILTER(Test25,Test25[PHONE1] IN {_Temp} || Test25[PHONE2] IN {_Temp}))

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Avia Please provide any sample data and expected output to suggest an accurate solution.

NAMEPHONE1PHONE2
A1111 
B2226666
C3333 
A555 
D444 
E6666 
D777 

1. I would like  to view duplicates by name only (A , D) -  the rest show up once so I am not interested in them.

2. Is there a way to view rows that have repeating valus such as phone for  B and E (and show them as correlating - in the data base there might be several diffrent listings with similar info)

Avia
Frequent Visitor

Right new table THANKS! working now

Avia
Frequent Visitor

fogot to tag thanks! pattemmanohar

hi, @Avia

pattemmanohar had provided a way by creating a calculate table.

you can also create calculate column by these formula

1.search duplicates by name and then filter blank

has dup names = IF( CALCULATE(COUNTA(Basic[NAME]),FILTER(Basic,Basic[NAME]=EARLIER(Basic[NAME])))>1,Basic[NAME])

2.JPG

2.use LOOKUPVALUE Function to lookup to phone column like below

repeating phone = LOOKUPVALUE(Basic[PHONE1],Basic[PHONE1],Basic[PHONE2] )

3.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Avia Thanks for that. Please try the below using "New Table" option for each DAX.

Test25Out1 = FILTER(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Test25[NAME],"CNT",COUNTROWS(Test25)),[CNT]>1)

image.png

Test25Out2 = 
VAR _Temp = FILTER(DISTINCT(Test25[PHONE2]),Test25[PHONE2]<>BLANK())
RETURN CALCULATETABLE(Test25,FILTER(Test25,Test25[PHONE1] IN {_Temp} || Test25[PHONE2] IN {_Temp}))

image.png

@PattemManohar Thank you for your help. Regarding the second option (Test25Out2 = ) what if I have 8 different columns with phone numbers (not just 2) ? how do I cross check them? do i need to create a separate formula for each or can I include all the columns in one?

What am i doing wrong?

BI test duplicate.PNG

@Avia Please confirm that you ar trying this using "New Table" option ?

Note -  Please tag the person name to whom you are responding to otherwise they will not get notified about your response and you might get lost track of communication.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.