Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

vertical

Hi,

In recent build of Power BI, Option for connecting with Vertica is introduced. Problem that I am facing is that I am not getting an option for providing port on which my DB is running. What is the way of providing the port of DB if DB is not running on Port 5443.

Thanks!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution. Vertica for now is not going to work on Port other than 5433.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you try using sql server ip address, port number as the server name to see if it works? Smiley Happy

vertical.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vertica option is specifically meant for connecting Power BI with Vertica. I doubt SQL will work with Vertica DSN.

It seems to me Power BI only supports with deafult Port while connecting Vertica.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution. Vertica for now is not going to work on Port other than 5433.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In recent build of Power BI, Option for connecting with Vertica is introduced. Problem that I am facing is that I am not getting an option for providing port on which my DB is running. What is the way of providing the port of DB if DB is not running on Port 5443.

Steps:

1) Open Power BI Version >> 2.51.4885 (October 2017)

2) Click on "Get Data" for making the connection.

3) On Get Data window, under "Other" tab, select option "Vertica (Beta)". This option is introduced in latest release.

4) Click on Connect Button.

5) On the screen, Port option is missing.

Problem: My DB is not running on default port (i.e. 5443) therefore I am unable to connect with my DB. Below is the attached screenshot.

BI.png 

Please help.

Thanks!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.